Since March 16th 2020 our yoga studio has been physically closed, as part of the governmental regulations to stop the spread of the Coronavirus. Since then we are open ONLINE and stream all our classes live through a Group Video Call on Skype, so that you can follow the classes safely from your home inter-actively. Everything else stays the same as far as Class Schedule, subscription and payment for the classes.
We open the studio again per August 1st, and from that moment on we will continue to live stream all classes from the studio, so you can choose whether you want to join the class online or in the studio! Every class like that will then have a studio audience and an online audience at the same time, and you are flexible in picking your class / timings / days for when you want to go online or go to the studio. When you are planning to join the studio classes (again) we recommend you also set yourself up for the online Skype classes, so that you can join the class online in case the studio is full (the studio can host max 6 students because of the 1.5 m distance we have to keep), and also when you or the teacher do not pass the Health Check that we now have to run before you can come to the studio, you can then join the class online!
We have chosen Skype as a medium to live stream our classes, because we work with small groups and the tool is personal and inter-active, and we can give you the personal attention you need and are used getting from us. In the Skype class your teacher Corine can see you, you can see her, you can interact, you can ask questions, and as Corine can see you she is able to give you personal verbal adjustments! Lots of people are already on Skype, installing Skype is easy, and using it is completely free of charge. Skype works well on all devices and systems (mobile phones, tablets, PC/laptop - Android, iOS, Windows, Mac etc.).
We invite you to join our live online Skype classes! A great way to make sure your body, mind, and soul stay healthy and balanced in these challenging and stressful times, which is very important for keeping your immune system up. Also a great way to stay personally connected with each other as a supportive yoga community and feel less isolated from the outside world when you are homebound.
How the Live Online Skype Classes work
- First we set up our Skype connection: Contact us to let us know you want to join the Skype classes. If you are already on Skype, send us your Skype Name and email address that you use on Skype, and we will send you a Skype invitation to connect. If you are not on Skype yet, let us know and we will email you a Skype link so that you can download & install Skype easily and get connected with us.
- If you want to buy a class card, just order it on the website as usual using the Class Card booking form under Classes-Prices. We will then send you our bank details so you can make a bank transfer for the card. We will keep your card with us and stamp your online classes. The card can be used for both online and studio classes.
- It is also possible to pay for single classes, just let us know when you subscribe for a class, so we will send you our bank details. Please do this 1 day before your class so you can make your bank payment on time. To minimize the administration time and costs we ask you to pay for at least 2 classes, if possible.
- The Class Schedule for the online classes is the same as for the studio. Also subscription for the classes is the same: for all classes we ask you to pre-register and reserve your spot. For the evening classes before 16h, for the morning classes the evening before until 21h. If you need to cancel your class subscription you can do that free of charge before 16h/21h, after that we will have to charge you for your class.
- Before your first Skype class we will send you an email with Tips & Instructions how to set up your Skype class, it is super easy and fun! For every Skype class we start calling in 5 minutes before the class starts.
How to set up your Home Practice for your Skype Class
- Find a nice cosy place in your house for your home practice, where you can also have a good spot for your PC or tablet (phone is also possible but we personally think the screen is very small). You can make your place extra cosy by e.g. dimming the lights if possible, candles, and incense.
- Tips for your props for home practice: You need a yoga/fitness-mat, although some have steady carpets that do the job too! If you do not have a yoga belt, then instead you can also use a regular belt of your pants, 2 socks, or a scarf. And if you do not have a block, for sitting also a steady pillow or a rolled up sleeping bag / beach towel will do (for the pregnant ladies your pregnancy cushion!). Cushions in general are nice to support your thighs and buttocks. Also think of a pile of books, meditation cushions, anything that is steady and looks like a brick where you can put your hand on for support when needed… Be creative! Also do not forget a nice blanket (which you can also use to sit on as a roll!) to keep yourself warm during meditation and final relaxation (Svavasana). Lastly, a scarf to cover your eyes if you cannot make your room dark is also nice for final relaxation, but you can also use a sweater for that.
- During your class put the heater up a little higher, in the studio it is always 23 degrees Celsius, which is a nice temperature for your practice!
We hope to welcome you soon in our live online Skype classes! If you have any questions or need help, do not hesitate to contact us.